Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Does (cropped sensor) DSLR offer better image than 1/3" chip camcorder, in general?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John YoungRe: Does (cropped sensor) DSLR offer better image than 1/3" chip camcorder, in general?
by on Mar 21, 2012 at 7:43:49 pm

Let me put it this way.
The capabilities of a large sensor camera are vastly greater than the capabilities of a HF M400. Capabilities is the key word here. I can’t tell how you are using your camera to not be able to get something that isn’t significantly better out of the T3i than you are getting out the handheld camcorder. If you put each camera in a terrible setup with a terrible lighting situation. You might not be able to tell the difference, because they both look, well, terrible. No surprise. But if you put the large sensor camera in a good or even decent lighting situation and you know what you are doing, I bet you will be able to tell the difference.
The ceiling on what you can achieve in image quality is much higher on a large sensor camera, than on a prosumer camcorder. The camera is not a magic bullet, it is a tool and you still have to know what you are doing. You can put a RED in awful lighting situation and it won’t look that good either. David was right to bring up lenses. The capabilities of the T3i to be able to use high quality lenses makes a huge difference.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]