Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Best lens options for shooting interviews

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jason JenkinsRe: Best lens options for shooting interviews
by on Mar 1, 2012 at 5:47:05 pm

[Casey Petersen] "It has worked well when the lighting is plentiful, but in low light and in dark indoor situations, I am having a heck of a time getting it to look good...even when ISO is bumped up to 1250, it is hard to get anything in sharp focus, even the things in focus are still not very sharp. Is this part of the problem?

Does anyone have any advice on what a good lens (or method) to use when shooting interviews, that allows for good bokeh?"

The secret to a good looking interview is lighting, not lenses. And good audio. I typically spend an hour setting up lighting and audio before an interview shoot. For this one I had a fluorescent key light, LED fill & back lights and a CDM fresnel on the wall. I had a shotgun mic mounted on a boom pole directly over the doctor. The lens on my GH2 was an old, inexpensive Nikkor, 35 or 50mm, set at f2.

Dr. Lichtenstein Bio

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter