Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: A little advice please...

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John FreyRe: A little advice please...
by on Feb 17, 2012 at 9:30:36 pm

Your video looks well-done to me - not boring considering the requirements you are adhering to. Along with many other types of video productions over the years, I also shoot action sports. I am currently involved in a Speedway Motorcycle Racing project for promotional purposes. Although I own and use several DSLR units in my business, I still use video cameras with powered zoom lenses for the majority of action sports. In the past, it was large Beta-cam units for SD. Now, it is smaller form factor cameras that are capable of 1080 60p, but with a power zoom. Low light capability is also a big deal for me, as most of the race schedule is based upon late spring through early fall night races under the lights. I use a lot of slow-motion in my edits, and quality 1080 60p is a must. I usually shoot on a custom rig that holds(2)cameras, a video camera for tracking shots and a DSLR for wider, locked down shots, with lens choice depending on available light and size of track. I end up with (2)versions of the same race to choose from in the edit. By the way, I am not up on the photo tower shooting all four quick laps of the race. I am in the infield of a small dirt oval trying to capture the dynamics from a different POV. Good Luck!

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]