Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: A little advice please...

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve CrowRe: A little advice please...
by on Feb 17, 2012 at 2:15:50 am

To be honest, I don't know if you really want to hear my feedback because it's probably not going to be what you think you want but here goes: :-)

I think the main area you can improve in has nothing to do with new gear - the videos I've watched of yours over the last few months are all basically shots of bikes racing around the track - and if that's all you are going for they're not bad, not at all. But what is lacking is any kind of attention to STORY, I find the videos you've posted boring and repetitive but a lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm not a fan of the sport. But if I WERE a fan, I think I'd be asking you where are the racer interviews? Where is the technical information about the bikes and the track, and of the race itself that fans want? You could also benefit by varying the pacing and the "style" a bit - I realize that racing videos are often not much more than upbeat music, "in your face" graphics and transitions - but aren't you tired of that already?

Why are you creating these videos? That's an important question I haven't asked yet...are they basically promotion for bike or gear manufacturers? In any case, I bet 80% of your peers doing similar racing videos would take the same approach as you have done. I'd say set yourself apart and try something more interesting and then use the shots of the actual racing as B-roll, the spice - not the main meal.

Steve Crow
Crow Digital Media
http://www.CrowDigitalMedia.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]