Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Buying a camera slider

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve CrowRe: Buying a camera slider
by on Feb 26, 2011 at 3:26:27 am

I am a big fan of renting but I am not sure I would rent out any equipment I really cared out. As nice as people can be, too often they don't take care of rented equipment with the same dedication as they might their own gear.

If you go this route, definitely make sure you get insurance on the slider and it would also be a great thing to offer insurance against damage for your renters at an extra cost.

The other challenge I would see would be the constant work needed to package and ship the slider unless you would only let people pick it up in person. I do a little equipment selling from time to time and I must say shipping is the biggest pain in the process!

Sliders are a limited market so I am not sure how much you can charge and still make it worthwhile, also you wouldn't be renting tripods or other gear related to DSLR Video production. I suggest checking out sites like BorrowLenses.com to get a feel for what rates might be reasonable for you.

Let us know what you decide, all the best

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]