Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Steadicam/glidecam reco's

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ryan OrrRe: Steadicam/glidecam reco's
by on Apr 26, 2010 at 12:56:57 pm

I recently was able to get my hands on a Glidecam Pro 2000 to play around with and to get it working properly for a friend of mine. I believe he lent me a Panasonic AG-DVX100B to play around with, and I imagine a Sony EX1 would be about the same weight, so it should work.

The current model Glidecam has out now that would be comparable to the Pro 2000 would be most likely the Glidecam HD-2000. The 5D could be too light for it, but I would imagine some extra added weight to the top along with the camera, along with properly added weight to the bottom, and you should be alright.

The Glidecam I was test driving had the vest and a Glidecam smooth shooter also. If you're planning on doing long shoots, I would definitely recommend getting a vest and arm. 5 minutes of straight shooting without it will result in a very worn out arm, and shaky shots.

Hope this helps :)
Ryan

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]