Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Exporting captions to ProRes VANC with Mac Caption

COW Forums : Closed Captioning

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jean-Christophe BoulayExporting captions to ProRes VANC with Mac Caption
by on Mar 6, 2012 at 2:48:01 pm

Hi guys (Jason),

I need to output HD ProRes 4:2:2 files with 608/708 captions in VANC space, as per SMPTE 334. Is it possible to do that directly within my MacCaption DTV? I have a feeling the Add Quicktime DTV 608/708 track function won't give me what I need. Am I right?

I can prepare my captioning and print it to tape using FCP7 and the AJA Kona 3, no problem. I can then recapture that with VTRXchange, with the CC capture option enabled and see those captions in QTPro but I'm still not sure the data is really in VANC space. I tried the Import Apple ProRes 422 Metadata VANC Closed Captions function in MacCaption to confirm that it was and that finds no data. Now I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

Will capture from tape using AJA VTRXchange really preserve VANC captions? Is there a more elegant manner of doing this within MacCaption?

Thanks in advance,

JC Boulay
Technical Director
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS