Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: CatDV vs Final Cut Server

COW Forums : CatDV

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark RaudonisRe: CatDV vs Final Cut Server
by on Apr 15, 2010 at 8:22:31 pm

If "logging" is important to you, then CATdv wins hands down. To my knowledge, there is NO specific logging component of FCSrvr. For everything else, you must do your homework and compare feature by feature.

You don't need EITHER of these programs to manage project files. That can easily be done on the finder level IF you have some standard naming conventions and "rules" for your editors. No program will automatically manage this kind of stuff if you don't already have a logical naming convention and workflow in place. You may want to "focus on the creative side", but you'll NEVER get to do that if your projects are a mess. Organization is the key to creativity. If you can't find it, you can't edit with it. So, start with a sensible organization structure and you'll have plenty of time to work on the creative.

There is plenty of information available on their website. If you email or call, I've found them to be very helpful with tons of info and suggestions. One thing to note about BOTH programs: You should plan on paying an expert "HTML" consultant for a level of customization to make the programs ideal for your own unique workflow. The cost of this service is going to be MORE than the cost of the base program... but it will be worth it.

I just got back from NAB and "CATdv" was getting quite alot of "buzz".

mark

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]