Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: CatDV Re-archive footage with Cache-A

COW Forums : CatDV

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lindsay SimpsonRe: CatDV Re-archive footage with Cache-A
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 11:18:12 pm

Jeff,

Good to know 'Archive Media Tools' = plug-in for future correspondences.

As for the drag/drop vs. copy/paste your explanation definitely makes sense. I'll continue using the drag method, and I was mostly just curious on that issue as I found it strange. Another thought I had on that was permissions differences between simply moving a folder (drag/drop) and re-writing a folder (copy/paste).

Yes when working with the plug-in which is ideally what I want to do, the staging folder does not play and a role and it shouldn't have to. Not sure why our plug-in seems to be failing...which again seems to bring me back to media type, though Rolf and others have said it shouldn't be an issue.

I just checked our network connection and we are running at 1 GB/s just as you are. I just performed another quick archive test and as soon as the data starts appearing in the Cache UI transfer log so do the red 'x's and associated errors which are frequently 'Cannot open: Resource temporarily unavailable' as noted in the transfer log I provided earlier.

I have another thought about the archive fields in CatDV, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. Thanks again for your feedback as I am strangely more optimistic now than I have been for some time regarding this situation. Have a great evening!

Lindsay

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]