Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Folder Structure and File Naming

COW Forums : CatDV

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott GoddardRe: Folder Structure and File Naming
by on Apr 23, 2012 at 7:19:28 pm

From what I understand you need to have a path that is constant for the 'Full Res' footage. The folder and file structure is then identical for the proxies. Are you able to have multiple drives for the full res that you can slot in and out? How does this affect your proxy creation?

I will not be keeping much of the full res on file to start with, currently bluray data and then cacheA. The proxies are kept on a Raid 5.

I have read conflicting arguments for having a deep folder structure and for not (like yours). Metadata like weather (cloudy/sunny) or course will not enter the folder structure or file name. I don't really see it as being too complex, almost essential.

Lets say CatDV (for what ever, hypothetically) stopped working, how well would your structure hold up?

In regards to having everything in triplicate, could you expand on this? The reason I may need them like structured like this is for using the worker node to organise my footage in the future where essentially it can organise footage into the right year and country and location based on given fields in CatDV.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]