Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Poll: How much would you pay for Resolve panels?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Kent KumpulaRe: Poll: How much would you pay for Resolve panels?
by on Sep 12, 2011 at 9:30:37 pm

[Robert Houllahan] "As with many many things which have been "changed" by the computer revolution in the end it is still going to be the skill and eye of the operator."

That is so true. As are all the other things you wrote in the last reply.

I still believe thigs will go more towards massproduction and lower cost per editing/colorcorrection seat, and in the end that means lower hourly rates for the colorist... true. But if the investment is also dropped to a very low pricetag compared to just a few years ago. Does it matter?

Well, of course it does. And to survive we need to adapt. And one way of adapting is not to throw out big dollars on a dedicated panel if you can get the same functionality (well, basically the same) for 1/10 of the price for the boasting-panel.

That is the way I see things anyway. And if Resolve won´t support the Tangent panels I will eagerly wait to see what Iridas has to offer, and perhaps make the move to Iridas if they can offer a good workflow and Element support. Guess how useful a big Resolve panel will be by then...

And then another big question pops up. How big is the demand for used dedicated Resolve panels? I´m guessing a panel that is supported by several different softwares has a better reselling value.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]