Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Poll: How much would you pay for Resolve panels?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robert HoullahanRe: Poll: How much would you pay for Resolve panels?
by on Sep 12, 2011 at 8:54:31 pm

I think that is sort of right...;-)

Obviously with BMD and Resolve following up Color from Apple and now Iridas non linear color grading is getting easier to attain from a hardware/software cost perspective. However I just don't know how many people will really want to get into doing color grading I think it will remain somewhat niche compared to editing or shooting or even VFX or CGI.

Also it cost me more than the wave and the Resolve dongle to buy a X-Rite Hubble probe and Lightspace to calibrate my display(s) so to do the job of Colorist "right" there will be an amount of hardware/software needed.

I am doing a grade on a feature film right now (3-perf 35mm scanned to 2K on an Arriscan) and we just had a supervised session at my loft in a old mill which was pretty cool I have to say nobody minded the Wave and I think the new Element is going to be great.

As with many many things which have been "changed" by the computer revolution in the end it is still going to be the skill and eye of the operator.

-Rob-

Robert Houllahan
Director / Colorist
Cinelab Inc.
http://www.cinelab.com

MAHC-PRO 6-Core 3X GTX285 20Tb SAS Wave Panel Panny 11UK SDI Plasma.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]