Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Poll: How much would you pay for Resolve panels?

COW Forums : IRIDAS

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joseph OwensRe: Poll: How much would you pay for Resolve panels?
by on Sep 11, 2011 at 4:27:18 pm

[Dave Williams] " I personally don't see how they are making any money."

Even in the glory days, daVinci went bust several times and changed hands on something like 4 or 5 occasions, before its present incarnation. To be perfectly honest, some of the earlier versions of the system were arguably over-engineered, but... its how you get to dictate to the rest of the industry if you are completely bulletproof on fundamentals. But the company had no diversity, and then bet the farm on a somewhat-disappearing technology -- film. No question, the 2K+ was a world-beating telecine app/installation that could also do tape-to-tape. Resolve was my first choice (back when I stood on the cliff) to use as a hang-glider, but development was back-burnered. And then, of course, everything changed. I'm giddy to get back into the tribe -- but maybe I'm just airsick with COLOR.

Personally I've got an expensive set of Tangent-200 panels ($18K new) that, while people bring me FCP projects and I largely work unsupervised, I'm going to ride those ponies until their legs fall off, or somebody offers me money for them. The first, and most important part of the interface is the actual color control, and until someone comes up with a better idea than balls and rings... one controller seems to be much the same as any other -- for a Primaries job, the Wave is much more than adequate. The real deal is the customization -- the Wave would be all that anyone ever needed if you could map the functions you really use on a repetitive basis, and of course -- the three concepts of computer efficiency -- macros, macros, and macros.

My most-used daVinci macro: [static] [-1][preview][dissolve], since auto-dynamic scene ripple failed so often, but favourite was [-2][preview] for 'he-said/she-said' scenes.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]