Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Poll: How much would you pay for Resolve panels?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

jake blackstoneRe: Poll: How much would you pay for Resolve panels?
by on Sep 10, 2011 at 5:03:39 pm

Some strong opinions expressed here:-)
So, I'll try to give you my perspective.
I have yet to encounter a client, that would base their opinion of the colorist, based on the control panel he or she is using.
After using MC Color for the last 3 months, I can say without hesitation, that it's an awful experience. Same goes for the Wave. Said that, I see no reason, why those two panels couldn't be more productive. It all depends on the programming the interface and not the hardware. Either one could be quite useful, if BM deemed it necessary. They don't, because they feel they NEED to sell their panels. Good illustration of this point is the lack of support for the Tangent Element. It has all the needed hardware and software at the great price point to drive Resolve. So now we have a Gillette Razor Blades or printer cartridges situation. Just buy our expensive panel (Razor blades, cartridges) and will give you the software (razor, printer) for free.
So, for time being, I'll stick with MC Color and hope, that, at some point, Tangent Element will be supported...

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]