Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Split and Add not working as I think it should?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jay MahavierSplit and Add not working as I think it should?
by on Aug 23, 2011 at 10:29:58 pm

Completely new to Resolve. Trying out the free version to try and understand it from an assistants position. I have a DPX sequence that is a conformed cut from an on-line. I have an EDL from an Avid off-line session. In the Browser tab of Resolve I right click the DPX sequence in the Clip Details window and request that it Split and Add into Media Pool. It brings up the window and I navigate to the EDL. I select the EDL, 24fps, no handle, no unreferenced clips. It creates a single clip in the Media Pool. 10:01 in duration and the Start TC and End TC are not event times in my EDL.

What I hope to achieve is to split the conformed DPX sequence into individual shots and hope that it takes the reel numbers and source TC from the EDL so when I go to the Conform tab and either preconform or load and EDL or XML that represents changes to an edit that it automatically finds the media and maintains the grade.

I've found plenty of tutorials and explanations on how to do grading, but very little that covers the I/O workflow very well. Any guidance or suggestion of where to look for answers would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Jay Mahavier

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]