Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Attention resolve 8 beta users.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robbie CarmanRe: Attention resolve 8 beta users.
by on Jun 21, 2011 at 4:00:48 pm

I've successfully used V8 on 14 jobs in the past month with only a few minor hiccups that have been addressed in each beta build.

The Highlights for me are.

Denoiser - takes a little finessing but is awesome. One way I've been using it too is as a quick skin softener. Simply put a window around someone and crank up the denoiser. Vs. qualifying and then blurring often works quicker

Stabilizer - one word - awesome!

Curves - Lum vs Sat is awesome for desaturating highlights or shadows, Hue vs Sat great for things like tweaking saturation of grass, water, skies. I'm on the big panel and I also appreciate that the new curves are available direct from the panel.

RGBl Mixer- As Vladimir said awesome for black and white looks. I'm still trying to figure it out a bit for color looks.

3D Auto Align - we've started to do more and more 3D projects and this feature is simply amazing. Click it it take a second and the images are aligned. Super quick.

Conform and XML - to be honest I've kind of forgotten about the Browse Page! With XML it can automatically add that media after you find the first clip and setup your project for you. One cool thing I've discovered is you don't even have to go to the folder with the shot, you can literally just pick the drive and while it will take a while to parse it does find everything. XML out works like a charm too. The edit functions in the Conform page are also pretty awesome for reediting a section making cuts etc.

The FCP presets in the render page in FCP compatibility option are also nice add ons

The only thing (probably obvious to most) that took me a second to figure out is on multi - layer sessions you have to use unmix to see all the layers and grade them.

Peter, Rohit and the team have done an amazing job with this. It also amazes me in Beta everything has been so stable and actually works as advertised!

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP
From Still To Motion

Twitter
Blog

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1