Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Resolve OSX HDMI monitoring

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

kim krauseRe: Resolve OSX HDMI monitoring
by on Jul 13, 2010 at 7:32:53 pm

you are missing a big point here...the cost for the so called pro machines is way way way more than a decent fcp/color suite. again i have to remind you that in this country at least, budget restraints dictate who gets the work and having to wait overnight for a render has never been an issue with me....i have done numerous series and features and doccies on my system and have never missed a delivery date..in fact a large number of jobs dont even have the budget for a basic grade so they just don't bother...when i do get hired to work on a higher budget job with a more "professional" system, i just laugh because i know the client is being taken for a ride because he has to pay a higher rate for the "pro" system to the post house. sure he can walk out without having to render and maybe, just maybe the job will get done a tiny bit quicker but he'll also walk away with alot less cash in his pocket....

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]