Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: feature request: Hue and Sat curves

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

kim krauseRe: feature request: Hue and Sat curves
by on Nov 24, 2010 at 9:28:18 pm

actually i'm trying to convince myself that resolve is worthwhile....i started out this entry stating that i was looking for well informed unbiased opinion on the resolve with the intention of maybe even switching from color if i could find reason to do so...instead i mostly got arrogant responses from people who only wanted to trash color....when i put up valid comparisons, i got no response as if i was hitting on some truths, especially in regards to rendering (check out my post called when is rendering not rendering)...i have yet to find a real reason to switch to a system that basically does only 90% of the type of work i do....for eg:
on a mac, you still have to render or playout if you 're gonna give the material to your client for online. also the roundtripping between color and fcp is very smooth for most of my needs and makes it very easy to grab a drive from a client, open the project, grade it and hand it back, ready for online. also i object to people who won a full blown davinci resolve and compare that to color on a mac. if you compare resolve on a mac with no panels to color on a mac with no panels the davinci doesnt look like such a bargain. again i'll state that as soon as someone can convince me that for my money in my market in the country where i work that the resolve will bring me more work or somehow speed up my workflow then i'll stick with color. your arrogance is just one more reason that keeps me away from davinci...if the product is so good it should sell itself based on its capabilities. both systems have their good and bad points and i'm always the first one to bitch about color when it doesnt do what i would like, but you can be sure until resolve gets the bugs out and offers a better way to do things, i'll keep my color! now shoot me down, go ahead! give me 10 good reasons why davinci on a mac is better than color! your turn, i can take it! maybe you'll just convince me to switch!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]