Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Round trip between Resolve and FCP

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nathan GaddRound trip between Resolve and FCP
by on May 17, 2012 at 5:39:30 am

Hey, im fairly new to posting on these forums but i've encountered an issue and i can't seem to find a solution.

I've edited a 10 minute movie in FCP7, with footage from a 5D as well as film. I've encountered 2 problems.

The first: I've exported the XML of the final edit into davinci, everything works fine and all my clips are sourced from a single folder. After grading in davinci, i then exported the XML back into FCP7, and tried to source the footage from the new folder of rendered graded footage (Note: The rendered footage does not have a unique filename as i am not entirely sure as to how to reconnect media back to a source file without the same name).

Now here is my issue, most of the clips reconnect fine, however the problem lies in media that is 'repeated'. Say for instance shot 1a has been broken up into 2 separate parts, and placed in different parts of the timeline (part 1 being at the start part 2 being in the middle for example), when i re-import FCP seems to have a problem with this and does not recognize the original start/end points and simply plays these two clips from the start of the source file, with different durations. (in other words, the clips are not starting from the right point). I'm not sure how to fix this as i have no idea whether this is an XML problem or a problem with my render settings.

(I rendered as a FCP-round trip, unique filename unchecked. 25FPS, uncompressed 8 bit).

The second problem, the film footage is all referenced from the same source file in FCP and cut into separate pieces. However when importing the XML into davinci the cuts are all perfect, however davinci seems to automatically grade everything simultaneously that shares a source file, and so it is impossible to grade 1 shot of the film shots without grading ALL of them.

Many thanks in advance,
Nathan

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]