Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Does anyone have success with Resolve to Avid?!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Roman HankewyczRe: Does anyone have success with Resolve to Avid?!
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 2:10:32 pm

I've spoken to many people about Avid/Resolve workflow and when I ask the questions I'm interested in I keep getting the same blank faces.

The tutorial that was listed earlier in the thread is nice but it isn't applicable to real-world situations. When do you ever find yourself in a situation where all the media is from one source, each clip is used only once, and you can freely change tape names? The stuff I work on is never as neat as the situation proposed in the tutorial or any workflow description I've come across. Projects have various source media; some with tape names, some without. Sometimes the edit changes during grade, and you need those changes to be sent back to Avid. The same clips are used multiple times throughout the sequence and they need different grades.

I still haven't found a good way of getting graded material to travel back to Avid as cleanly as in the FCP/Resolve workflow. If anyone has any real insight I'd love to hear it.

roman hankewycz
harbor picture company // colorist

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]