Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Does anyone have success with Resolve to Avid?!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Roman HankewyczDoes anyone have success with Resolve to Avid?!
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 3:24:21 am

I have worked on a few Avid originated projects and they're always a pain. With much effort I'm able to get my projects from Avid into Resolve but I have yet to find a reliable method of sending graded material back to Avid for post grade conform.

(1) My exported AAFs don't represent the graded sequence correctly. In an extreme example, I deleted all but a few clips from my session, rendered those clips and exported an AAF of the session. When I imported that AAF into Avid it recreated the entire original sequence.

(2) The only way I've ever gotten media to relink back in Avid is to render the master session. Using this method, there's an "identical" graded piece of media for each ungraded piece of media. However this workflow doesn't allow you to grade clips from the same master clip differently. If a shot is reused 5 times in a sequence it must have the same grade throughout.

If anyone has a real workflow I'm all ears.

roman hankewycz
harbor film company // colorist

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]