Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Avid MC 5.5 to DaVinci Resolve 8.2.1 Mac Conform Problems

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Will RoganRe: Avid MC 5.5 to DaVinci Resolve 8.2.1 Mac Conform Problems
by on Apr 23, 2012 at 1:54:33 pm

Juan

Thanks for the reply.

The media is online in my avid project before AAF export.
I did add my avid directory to my media pool.

I moved things around in the avid media folders because I know exactly what I have in there. I am coming from an already consolidated project that has media only in mxf/1. I move that media into a new folder called /2. Then I transcode a copy of my sequence and all that new media goes into the /1 folder. This is a means of consolidating/transcoding a sequence without using a second drive. I send an AAF from the newly transcoded sequence and add that /1 folder to the Resolve media pool, because that's where the transcoded media from that sequence is.
I will try this again and add the entire /mxf directory to the media pool

I transcoded everything in the sequence to DNxHD 145, and checked the box in the Consolidated/Transcode window that says to include media already at the "target resolution," which I assume means that Avid will copy the DNx HD 145 media that is already in the sequence. Is that the case?

Thanks,
Will

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]