Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Avid MC 5.5 to DaVinci Resolve 8.2.1 Mac Conform Problems

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Will RoganAvid MC 5.5 to DaVinci Resolve 8.2.1 Mac Conform Problems
by on Apr 23, 2012 at 5:15:37 am

Hello, and welcome to my first post on Creative Cow!

I am using DaVinci Resolve 8.2.1 on a Mac to color grade a 1080p 29.97 sequence from Avid MC 5.5 and having serious problems during the conform. A great deal of the sequence is coming in either blank, or black with a red X. A message pops up telling me that some of my clips weren’t imported, and then lists a series of clips that were not found. This occurs when using an AAF from Avid. Similar things occur with an EDL.

I think I have isolated the problem clips to shots that were not transcoded to DNxHD from XDCAM EX, and .jpeg images, both of which are not supported by Resolve. Problem is, these are a large part of the show.

Having made this discovery I figured I would just transcode the whole sequence into DNxHD and then bump out an AAF from the transcoded version of the sequence. Before transcoding I moved all my media from Avid Media Files/MXF/1 to /2 so the transcoded media would all be consolidated in the 1 folder.

Problem: when I bring the AAF of the transcoded sequence into Resolve none, I repeat, none of the clips link up. They are all black with a red X. Resolve tells me that all of my clips could not be found.

Help?

Thanks for reading
-Will

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]