Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Important Workflow Questions.

COW Forums : Cubix

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Alexander HigginsRe: Important Workflow Questions.
by on Mar 15, 2012 at 4:24:56 am

Hey Juan, yes, I am a top end Nuke artist been using it since it was a D2 comp program, before that Shake. Nuke and DaVinci Resolve are like an Apples and Oranges comparison. All of the color sessions are watched by clients, producers and agencies and require realtime feedback.

PROBLEM with NUKE for Grading...
1. Broadcast Monitor Support is buggy and crashes a Lot.
2. Nuke does not support real time caching.
3. Nukes Color Grading Nodes are adequate but no where close to what Resolve can provide.
4. Grading in DaVinci resolve with panel is much faster and more responsive than in Nuke with a mouse.
5. Desktop LCD/LED do not provide the proper feedback required to officially approve broadcast material with our current workflow.

We do definitely do a very close color grade in NUKE before we go to resolve, but of course its a client driven industry, and if a client wants to change a color... ad it has to be viewed in a large suite with tons of people standing around, then it always to through resolve..

Ideally, I just want to figure out a way to add more MATTES into my sessions without the system going to a snails pace...

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]