Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: GUI Graphics card Clarifications

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

walter biscardiRe: GUI Graphics card Clarifications
by on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:08:25 pm

[Joseph Mastantuono] "I also noticed in Walter Biscardi's great blog that he's not running a dual GPU setup, (at the cost of some realtime functions obv.) I don't like the idea of down grading to the GeForce 120, and I would like to still be able to run Apple Color with a ATI gfx card in there."

As Luke has already chimed in here, you do require the nVidia cards to run Resolve. I had an ATI 4870 in my machine and pulled it out for the Quadro 4800.

I will say Resolve runs incredibly well with just the one GPU in there. That has been a pleasant surprise for me since we only have the one slot available for GPU in our current setup.

When we open our new facility in a few months, I will have a dedicated machine for Resolve and that machine will have the dual GPUs, at least I'm expecting it to. Just depends on how many other slots are needed for other things. But it's good to know that Resolve is a very responsive application even with the one GPU.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]