Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: BM, if you can't fix this "Out of memory" bug, tell us the limitation.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nick AndersonRe: BM, if you can't fix this "Out of memory" bug, tell us the limitation.
by on Jan 2, 2012 at 1:18:16 am

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your explanation.

I dont think one project for each reel is a good setup. It slows down when u need stills from other reels. Of course clients doesnt care about this, but as a colorist, i hate to slow down because of UI design.

Btw, I ALWAYS put ALL the reels in project in any other DI system. Just like I mentioned b4, it speeds up when I need reference between different reels. I just finished a big project with 12 reels, 4000 shots include 1500 vfx, film scans, alexa and epic. Working smoothly, never even think about this memory limitation thing, and of course not on Resolve. Doesn't want to be offensive, just wanted to express my feeling, that I do not use to be aware of this shots/reels limitation when setup projects. And the idea to put all reels in one projects, fits the human instinct. Which I believe is the basic idea behind the BM/Davinci design.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]