Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: With 8.1.1 BM has just thrown a very destructive blow to the entire C-grading business

COW Forums : Nucoda

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joseph OwensRe: With 8.1.1 BM has just thrown a very destructive blow to the entire C-grading business
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 4:40:02 pm

All very amusing. I could cry.

So having been twisting dials for over three decades, I have seen some changes. The trend has generally been more for less. Yes I bought into... or maybe invested ... in assisting this in some respects by getting into Final Touch. Which now is part of FCX as an auto-grade/auto-match plugin. So what?

There are still thousands of editors out there who just want an "auto-look" button and *grading* software will never be for them. I heard some 'woo-hooing' out my door (with this announcement) that Resolve Lite 'doesn't suck anymore'... However, I'm still puzzled by what that means. Like many, or maybe the vast majority, I am one of those FCP users that never used either Motion or Soundtrack Pro, but I'd hasten to add FWIW that I'm getting fed up with DVD Studio Pro, but still use LiveType. (I really don't "get" Apple, either, in some respects.)

Little-d daVinci is gone... we need to move on. The more I use Resolve, the better it gets -- but is it the software? Debatable. However, as far as ruining the business model goes, I see this about every 5 years. Surf or die, was the message from Stephen St. Croix decades ago. Where there is no money, there never was a market, and where there is no talent, there is also no opportunity. The situation now is that there is so much chaos and confusion (co-opted democracy becoming anarchy) that if you know *anything* (for sure) you have a leg up on your nearest competitor.

Reductio ad absurdum, there'd be robots flying all the airliners by now... and nothing would ever go wrong. And won't it be entertaining when the machines completely take over and do everything for free even without our asking them to? Awhile ago, I took a cinematographer's observation to heart that 'the only sin we can commit is boredom', so that's my real fight.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+2
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]