Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

With 8.1.1 BM has just thrown a very destructive blow to the entire C-grading business

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robert RuffoWith 8.1.1 BM has just thrown a very destructive blow to the entire C-grading business
by on Nov 20, 2011 at 7:57:27 pm

1 - There is no way that all clients having full free access to the software that colorists use will not bring down rates. It's fine to say it's all about the artist and so on, and it should be, but reality is what it is, not what we feel it should be.

2 - Innovation by other color software developers will be killed off or at least reduced. It is very hard to compete with free.

3 - As far as their own business is concerned, although I'm sure they have the gratitude of lots of no-budget 7D filmmakers, they have seriously p__ed-off all their paying customers, now for the second time. I can't see a company thriving off of people who by definition have no money to spend. We were going to buy two more seats. Their recent move has made us change our minds - so just with us, they lost $2000 - Not only that, but we have decided to get out of the grading business rather than develop it as a sideline - I can only see a steep downward curve now for the whole industry so we will not be investing in it beyond our first copy of Resolve and our first surface. You can see how this has cost money to whoever we would have bought our surfaces from too...

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]