Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Web Video: Which Platform for Editing?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jason JenkinsRe: Web Video: Which Platform for Editing?
by on Dec 4, 2009 at 6:25:41 pm

[Gerry Bayne] "Most production houses use FCP I'm finding and I'd like to train in what is most marketable as well."

I think it's hard to go wrong learning FCP. A few years back I decided I needed to learn FCP since it seemed much more ubiquitous than the other NLE's I had learned. I bought some training books and spent a week going through the lessons. At the end of the week I took the Apple Pro Certification Exam and passed. The examiner's jaw hit the floor when I told him I had only been using FCP for a week. I put my certification on my resume and shortly thereafter got called in to an interview through a craigslist ad. I got the job and was hired as a freelance editor at an ad agency. Oddly enough, a few months later, they switched to Premiere/Axio systems and it was easy enough to make the transition. Eighteen months later, I was making $50 an hour and they even offered me a full time job @ $70k (which I turned down). Anyway, I think it was well worth my time, and a little money, to learn FCP.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]