Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Editing Demo Reel

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

natebostonRe: Editing Demo Reel
by on Jul 20, 2007 at 3:56:40 pm

The goal of the website is to show all the other stuff you can't fit into the 3-4min demo reel. Sort of like the "show me all you've got" dvd you had talked about. I like the idea of creating a seperate montag-y thing for the site and the DVD, leaving it out of the actual demo.

But that makes me wonder what direction I should take the demo? Currently I work for a small post house who's clients are generally corporate or inudstrial. The stuff I've edited is just that - corporate and industrial. It's also not very exciting (good edits, but the subject matter is kind of slow). Do you think this matters? I know a good edit is a good edit, but I'm looking at this demo reel as a way to sell myself in a short period of time - and I only get one shot to make a good impression.

So is slower, maybe not as interesting stuff worth showing, as long as it's good? Or should I just focus on flashier, faster stuff to keep the attention of a possible employer?

Nate

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]