Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: ioHD vs. KiPro

COW Forums : AJA Ki Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Roland BlaserRe: ioHD vs. KiPro
by on May 28, 2009 at 3:57:33 pm

Gary, you are right! Let's wait and see first.

Take my input as a topic on the wish list. However it looks like others have the same wish (at least found one further down in this forum). I'm pretty sure it's just a question of "playing" with the firmware and AJA will do it earlier or later anyway.

By the way: There is no need to defend AJA's product philosophy beacuse there is nothing to fight. I really got the message that it is a record/playback unit. However, as a TV journalist I'm used to ask questions like this. I apologize if somebody got the idea it is my intention to fight against AJA. I use my ioHD daily and I'm happy so far. I'm waiting for the KiPro as you do because Apple's ProRes is just great and it makes totally sense to offer a recorder/player like the KiPro. I plan to use it for taking reports and footage out of my TV station's video archive, ingesting the stuff into my FCP editing suite. And I plan to use it vice versa, bringing the final product back to my TV station.

Up to know I used either tape or XDCAM for this. But after changing the video stuff so many times in the past, I'm tired of proprietary solutions. By using ProRes and offering any kind of formats (SD/HD in different standards) the KiPro will be a unit that will do the job for many years...

Roland

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]