Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: ioHD vs. KiPro

COW Forums : AJA Ki Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: ioHD vs. KiPro
by on May 27, 2009 at 11:32:16 pm

[Roland Blaser] "However, technically it is something like an AJA ioHD with recording and playback capabilities, right? "

In the sense that it can accept and output video, yes. Otherwise, the Ki Pro is like a VTR. The Ki Pro basically takes the place of an ioHD, a laptop and an external hard drive when out in the field. They are very different. Yes, the have some cross over functionality as all AJA video products basically send video in and out, but they have very different functions. As has been mentioned, maybe someday the Ki Pro can be used an ioHD of sorts, but for now it won't. If you need to connect your IoHD and the Ki Pro/Ki Pro hard drive cartridge, for file transfers (you do know that the hard drive pops out kind of like a tape, right?) then you will need a separate fw bus which is the same for any firewire transfer when using the ioHD. There is nothing different about that.

[Roland Blaser] "is the idea to use it as a view trough unit for connecting an external monitor when editing in FCP so stupid? "

No, not at all, it's a very logical thought, especially for a one man band, but if you have an editor that is editing back at the studio (and needs the Ki Pro to monitor) and a shooter out in the field that needs the Ki Pro to record the shoot with, you are going to need two devices anyway. Also, as I said before, you can export a ProRes Quicktime movie from FCP, load that on the the removable Ki Pro hard drive and playback from the Ki Pro.

[Roland Blaser] "Just enable view through in your Ki Pro firmware and everybody is happy... "

See Chris's post. He said he talked to AJA. Have you tried that yet? Instead of getting mad and accusing AJA of wanting to empty your pocketbook, perhaps you can send them a nice email and ask them nicely to do what you are proposing. Believe me when I tell you, I am sure they want to hear what you have to say as they are constantly looking for ways to make your life easier.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]