Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Downconversion recording

COW Forums : AJA Ki Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David EaksRe: Downconversion recording
by on Mar 29, 2012 at 3:48:31 am

FYI, I just finished a shoot where the client requested the recording to be 4:3 SD. I basically did the same thing as in my example above (1080 out from the NX5's, through my Panasonic AWHS-50 Switcher and down-convert w/ crop on Ki Pro input).

During some testing before the shoot, there was a strange occurance where the HDMI output from the Ki Pro was almost completely green. One of two things fixed it, either cycling the "in convert" setting from "SD" to "None" and back to "SD" or cycling the transport mode from playback then returning to record (stop) mode. Sorry, not sure which one fixed it, but I thought I'd let you know that I did experience an issue during down convert w/ crop and that I was able to get around it. Also worth noting is that I experienced the same issue with two Ki Pro's (which is probably why I can't recall which method actually remedied the output problem).

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]