Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Interaxial and convergence choices

COW Forums : Stereoscopic 3D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

clyde desouzaRe: Interaxial and convergence choices
by on Jul 30, 2010 at 6:12:30 am

Hi Chris,

My thoughts on interaxial and convergence just to keep it crisp:

1) I prefer shooting parallel and (as others have also mentioned) keeping framing with spare space around the edges to account for H.I.T (horizontal image translation) in post.

2) Converging actually works on shots where there is not too much distracting objects in the background. You would certainly have to correct for warping if the background is a skyscraper for instance.

Whats interesting though is the actual "projection" is all wrong when you toe-in cameras. Umm but try telling this to Vince PACE and gang :-)
http://danielesiragusano.wordpress.com/2010/01/17/depth-warping-caused-by-t...

Stereo 3D is part art/part science. I believe you can't just shoot good 3D with a Stereoscopic "calculator". That would be the same as trying to create an Oil-painting masterpiece with a Paint-by-numbers approach.

Having good on-set monitoring as Ramona says, is a great way to start and will help in many ways. The only thing it does not help in is showing the final "feel" of the scene, as screen-size is everything in 3D. This is one of the reasons I also believe is what will save the Cinemas. SIZE!

In shooting the stage play video, it would have to be shot much closer. Ceiling mounting the rig would have to be an option, if it cannot be placed in the middle of the audience.

At concerts, it does help to have a camera at the back showing a nice "gradient" of depth of audiences heads. But this has to be intercut quickly, before people try to "fuse" the now huge parallax that will be on the performer.

So framing is also important to a good live stereo3D production.

P.s. It was me who had commented on the video approx a year ago :-) (realvision)

Best Regards.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]