Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Stereo3D Toolbox with Hyundai W240SP?

COW Forums : Stereoscopic 3D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim DashwoodRe: Stereo3D Toolbox with Hyundai W240SP?
by on Sep 1, 2009 at 1:11:11 am

Hi Russell.

I emailed you as well but thought this was a valuable discussion for the thread.

I know that the plugin works with Hyundai IT's S465D in side by side, over/under and interlace modes. However I do not have a W240S to test so I'm not sure what type of input it specificially requires. It may not accept the same formats its big 46" brother does.

I took a peek at the instruction manual. http://files.hyundaiit.com:2010/download/en_man_3d_wseries_w240s.pdf
Unfortunately it isn't very specific about the 3D modes but there is one clue. It says the output is interlaced. This leads me to believe that this model also uses the Xpol screen.

It appears that it is a 16x10 display (not 16x9) and if it uses an Xpol screen like the S465D then it will have to be in its native resolution of 1920x1200 to work properly. I doubt you will be able to get your Kona to sync to this resolution so you will have to use your built in graphics card and set the resolution to 1920x1200 at 60Hz.
Now in Final Cut Pro switch from Kona to Digital Cinema Desktop Preview RAW. This will maintain the 1920x1080 line for line of your source clips and letterbox at 16x9 within your 16x10 1920x1200 monitor.

Now just set your output mode in the plugin to interlace and it should work. If the 3D effect is inverted then you will have to turn on the option to switch to right eye on odd lines.

You are using 1920x1080 source clip resolution right?

Thanks for trying out the plugin.

Tim

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]