Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

David vs. Goliath: THE HURT LOCKER wins big

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Roth WeissDavid vs. Goliath: THE HURT LOCKER wins big
by on Mar 8, 2010 at 6:21:54 am

AVATAR is now the highest grossing film of all times, and I liked it a lot, both times I watched it. But do I think James Cameron and his film were unfairly treated by the Academy? No, and here's why...

I can still vividly recall exactly how much I disliked the visceral, adrenaline laced cocktail that was coursing through my bloodstream as I walked out of the the theater after watching THE HURT LOCKER. I absolutely hated the feeling, and I was really pissed off about it, because that feeling makes me ill.

Then, about half way up the isle, I suddenly realized, the direction was as effective as any movie I'd seen in recent times. And, I suddenly knew that the feeling I was having was precisely the feeling that Katherine Bigelow had designed, and it was precisely what she had wanted to instill in my guts, and I'd bought it, and I had become so engrossed in it that it had become my reality.

Personally, I feel that Katherine Bigelow deserves everything that comes her way. She did a better job of directing than any one of her competitors, period, end of story.

Sure, James Cameron did a great job too, and he should be commended for all the terrific things he's accomplished with AVATAR, but he was not the best director tonight. His ex-wife outdid him this time, and I think even James Cameron might agree.

Anyone else care to comment?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]