Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Total Recall: "It's not a too-mah!"

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim WilsonRe: Total Recall: "It's not a too-mah!"
by on Aug 6, 2012 at 9:59:38 pm

That's exactly what I'm talking about - fond memories of a movie whose appeal was campy at best, leading people to pass on a movie that's better in nearly every way. I don't blame you, or blame the people who see it and don't like it, but it still makes me sad for reasons I can't yet articulate.

Maybe it's that I really didn't like the first one all that much, a lesser film in both the Schwarzenegger and Verhoeven filmographies imo, and that I prefer sleek action to chunky action. I'll also give the first one credit for being the comic book movie that I wish every comic book movie was as good as...but whatever the new one is, for all its faults, it tries to be a real movie.

and do note that I said that my guess is that no more than 75% of the people who see it will like it...and among you folks I'm thinking it's closer to half...but other than an Arnoldism or two (I really do like the guy's movies), I really can't think if a single way that the new one doesn't kick the old one's ass. I'm tellin ya, Kate Beckinsale us a huge, huge upgrade over Sharon Stone.....

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]