Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Bully

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott RobertsRe: Bully
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 3:37:44 pm

[Jeremy Doyle] "
Here's my question, will this movie have more effect on actually bullying or on the MPAA rating system?"

I'm not sure I'm 100% up-to-date n the Bully MPAA conflict, but I have read about it somewhat. I know that it ended up having a R-rating (that's what I saw it as), because of some language. But the last thing I read about it was that Harvey Weinstein was planning on releasing a PG-13 version down the road. So, in a way, the MPAA bullied Bully into doing what they ultimately wanted - censoring the movie to their magical authority on morality. Because of that, I assume this will probably have *zero* effect on the way the MPAA runs things. The MPAA won.

All that said, I have no problem with foul language whatsoever, and I thought the R-rated cut of Bully was less damaging to America's youth than, say, the uber violence of the PG-13 rated Hunger Games. (not that I think The Hunger Games was *actually* damaging to America's youth, but you get what I'm saying)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Bully by Scott Roberts on Apr 26, 2012 at 2:27:03 pm
    • Re: Bully by Jeremy Doyle on Apr 26, 2012 at 3:20:35 pm
      • Re: Bully by Scott Roberts on Apr 26, 2012 at 3:37:44 pm
        • Re: Bully by Mark Suszko on Apr 26, 2012 at 7:45:59 pm
          • Re: Bully by Jeremy Doyle on Apr 26, 2012 at 7:49:25 pm
            • Re: Bully by Stephen Smith on Feb 22, 2013 at 5:23:33 pm
              • Re: Bully by Mark Suszko on Feb 28, 2013 at 7:35:32 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY