Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: The Raid: Redemption

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark SuszkoRe: The Raid: Redemption
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 9:07:32 pm

Speaking of movies that are great even though subtitled, the wife and I recently watched "The Lives Of Others". I thought that leaving it in German with very clear English subtitling made it a better viewing experience for us, than just listening to an English overdub, as it enabled us to talk over the dialog without missing any of it, comparing our thoughts and opinions moment by moment. It was really an engrossing kind of movie experience, though it might not work as well in a public theatre. Helped that the film is absolutely PERFECT. See it if you haven't yet. Please.

I remember a couple of times waiting in line for a foreign movie at the show, or hearing a sales person at the local Blockbuster store explain a film to a customer, and hearing some hick rube response like: "I don't go to movies to READ! That's WORK!"

Regarding The raid: seems structured very much like an FPS video game even down to the levels and "boss battles". Russian Spetznaz version of this game: set fire to the first three floors and wait with nets.

And maybe extinguishers. Maybe.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]