Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Total Remake

COW Forums : Creative COW Magazine feedback

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott SheriffRe: Total Remake
by on Apr 3, 2012 at 12:37:37 am

[Tim Wilson] "I'd definitely put True Lies on the list except for that horrifying sequence where he kidnaps his wife and interrogates her in an especially offensive way."

Not to thread-jack, but I think True Lies is great...until you get to the Harrier jump jet scene. Thats the scene I find offensive. As if the whole car on the causeway scene wasn't pushing the bounds of plausibility, we are treated to a scene that seems like it written for (or by) a 5 year old. IMO, this is where Cameron jumps the shark. As soon as he rescues the wife, they should just roll the credits. The End.
But no. We have to get this extra scene that seems tacked on because they money left over in the stunt and FX budget. OK, breaking the cop car windshield with the nose gear is good for a laugh, but the whole scene to rescue the daughter is schlock. Which is a shame, because the rest of the film is pretty entertaining.

As far as Total Recall, how can you talk about it without mentioning Sharon Stone? Or did I miss it somewhere?

[Mark Suszko] " then it's going to be a big, noisy flop like "I, Robot".
I like the darkness and melancholy of I Robot, but yeah, it certainly isn't all that and a bag of chips. Good for cheap DVD viewing, but I'm glad I didn't spend theater money on it. If it was a B sci-fi movie, it might have gained a cult following. But as an A movie, not so much.

I guess I don't get the whole remake craziness. Or should I say remake laziness. To me it just shows how the big guys have been out of ideas for quite a while. Or maybe not out of ideas, but just don't know a good one when they see it. With the lack of anything new and interesting that isn't a carrier for some thinly veiled political agenda, non-stop remakes and the plummeting price of gear, Hollywood better watch out or they are going to suffer the same fate as the record industry.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]