Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

What movie(s) really touched your life, and why?

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron LindeboomWhat movie(s) really touched your life, and why?
by on Apr 12, 2009 at 3:24:15 am

One of my favorite films is the Lawrence Kasdan directed "Grand Canyon," written by Lawrence Kasdan (along with his wife, Meg).

Why? (Especially when many critics blasted it. But who cares what the critics say, I rarely agree with most of them.)

The movie addresses the subject of racism without all of the trite pandering stereotypical machinations that compromise many of the films that address this subject.

Kasdan, on the other hand, addresses the subject with the strengths and failures of the characters with their all too human foibles shown on each side of this "Grand Canyon" divide -- hence, the title.

It is one of the most human stories that I have seen in recent times. The humanity of each of the main characters is both hauntingly real, compromised and yet inspiring.

While many point to Kasdan's work in his popular works of fantasy and science fiction, I always point to his incredibly rich tale of humanity struggling to understand and accept itself, that is found in Grand Canyon. In the end, they reach across the abyss as best as they can and add a rich degree of life and humanity to each others families.

A beautiful piece of work and one you shouldn't miss.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]