Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Catching Up on Some DVDs

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott RobertsRe: Catching Up on Some DVDs
by on Jan 10, 2011 at 10:13:37 pm

@Tim:

Haha, well now I know the difference between wierdo and executive transvestite. Learn something new every day!

I assume it was titled the Crying Game because Dil sings a song called "The Crying Game" (by Dave Berry, i just looked it up) at that club near the beginning, then plays it again on the stereo near the end of the film (after everything has gotten truly chaotic). What is the deeper significance of the song? I don't know, I didn't read too deeply into that when I watched it last night.

And I must have seen Ghost Dog like 10 years ago, and I remember almost nothing about it. Just Forrest walking around an urban area with a sword. I should probably rewatch it, I'm sure I'd appreciate it more now that I'm a little older and such.

@Stephen:

Haha yes it actually does make Ace Ventura funnier, I just went back and watched that scene again, now I know the song they play in the background is indeed "The Crying Game." That's something I never picked up on the first 10 times I've watched Ace Ventura!

Here's the clip again if you wanted to watch it (maybe NSFW because of 2 seconds of Jim Carrey's naked butt):

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]