Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: ntsc / non-ntsc

COW Forums : Autodesk Toxik

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Sam BehrensRe: ntsc / non-ntsc
by on Dec 10, 2011 at 10:05:36 am

Jeff, thanks so much for the reply. You know, I think ultimately I just have to test the different settings myself because this is my conundrum, but if you want to get caught up in it . . .

The format is DVCPRO 1080i 29.97 fps (59.97 fields), which is upper field first. The 2 settings in the Deinterlace node are Format and Dominance. those settings do not directly effect the other. If I change from NTSC to NON-NTSC, the Dominance setting doesn't change. They are separate entries. So, why would the software ask for the same information twice? Is it asking for something other than which field is first when asking whether it's NTSC? Technically 1080i is not ntsc, but it is compatible with that system and some consider it ntsc. I just wish I knew what the context of the needed information is.

As I said, I just have to test the different settings.

I'm glad to see this forum isn't inactive. I really like working in Composite/Toxic.

S. Behrens

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]