Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: can telestream help realize a dream??

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: can telestream help realize a dream??
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 6:11:09 pm

[Matt Rice] "can I select one audio [out of three camera feeds] to rule them all, so to speak?]). "
Absolutely!
[Matt Rice] "With that budget, I should be looking toward upgrading my current duo core mac to something a little more beastly?"
With three cameras I'd say yes. You could get a base 8 core, go to 8GB RAM, add 3 firewire cards and, you'd have a pretty killer stream station.

The core 2 duo could be OK for one and two (with Express card) firewire camera shoots and iSight for the "person behind the production" MC look. In other words the core 2 duo is fine for smaller shoots.

[Matt Rice] "I really have no reason to push for HD other than I'd love as high quality stream as possible"
The issues with HD is that HDV is very CPU intensive (and requires the HDV plugin purchase) and really is only good for one camera. HDMI cameras are another story so people are looking at how to do that. The other concern is the bandwidth both upstream to send and downstream to view.
BTW with SD at 640x480 or 640x360 you could stream to iPhone as well.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]