Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: thks to everyone for the help, just to clarify....

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Server

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: thks to everyone for the help, just to clarify....
by on Apr 11, 2008 at 3:19:08 pm

[Paul Harb] "all into the same trap of elitist thinking that Avid did for years and see where that gets you as an editor....things change, tools change....artists are just artists.....
"

....but not editors, right? Look Paul, say what you want. It's a free country and they haven't taken away the first amendment quite yet, but don't come on a board and tell editors who use FCP that they aren't editors. It's unbecoming, unprofessional, and just plain elitist like you said AND you are doing nothing but denouncing the very throne you love so much, or at least said that you love so much. You know what, for some people their livelihood DOES depend on one tool or another and you cannot knock those people (including me) for making a choice. DO I know Avid? Hell no. Do I know other programs? Yep I do. Does that make me less of an editor? Hell no, again. I am an editor, not an FCP editor, not an Avid editor. An editor. To take the tool/artist analogy further (which is not really a valid analogy in my personal opinion), you don't tell a carpenter which tools to show up with when he's fixing your house, or you don't tell a painter which color to paint with and with which brush. So. ? If I had to sit down at an Avid right now and edit I bet I would stumble around for a good long while. Give me a few days and I'd be up there editing away. You know why? I am an editor. My livelihood depends on that, FCP or Avid or iMovie, ok not iMovie.

Sorry Paul, but you really tripped my trigger for some reason.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]