Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Final Cut Server, trying to understand.....

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Server

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Paul HarbFinal Cut Server, trying to understand.....
by on Apr 9, 2008 at 7:28:08 pm

So being a feature film editor, and a FCP fan, I am very interested in Final Cut Server and what it can or cant do in a feature film post workflow. We of course use Avid and Unity and our assistants love it, even though I find both interfaces quite archaic.

I would love to push these guys to do our next film on FCP but to this point it has been an uphill battle due to not having a Unity like solution for FCP.

Is FCS this solution? Im trying to wrap my head around how you would work on a feature film with multiple editors working in the same project, but not erasing each others work. Now Avid creates bins that lock, so you have ONE project always.....that we all work from, we can read anything at any time, however if you open a bin that someone else is working in, you cant overwrite anything in that bin.....ie a sequence.....

Now FCP works differently.....you can have multiple projects open at the same time.....and bins dont lock......thats not how FCP works.....

So my question is, how do you create the same kind of workflow in FCS? Can it be done and if so, how.....do you just break up your bins as FCP projects(which seem to be where you can lock a file so it cant be overwritten) so that each project has a sequence in it, and when your done you bring it into the "master project"? Im just trying to wrap my head around a workflow using FCP and FCS in a feature film enviroment.....thks for any insight.

Paul

Paul Harb-Director/Editor
Wrong Beach Multimedia

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]