Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Where to start learning FCS?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Server

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jennifer VeileRe: Where to start learning FCS?
by on Jun 16, 2010 at 5:01:04 pm

I am self-taught and am actually currently creating some video tutorials (hopefully I will post them online soon). I found the tutorials on http://www.wonderhowto.com/ a good place to start for the very basics. Are you an administrator or an end-user only? If you are an end-user, the system should be simple (based on how good of a job the admin. did setting it up). If you are setting it up yourself my biggest piece of advice is to learn the structure of sets, groups, fields, and lookups. Once you understand the purpose of these things and how your organization is going to use it, you are golden. Wrapping your mind around that is the most important thing, because it informs your decisions on what to create. Also, think of metadata with searching in mind. The only reason to include metadata is so it is retrievable later.

Jennifer Veile, MLS
Video Librarian

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]