Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
RED CAMERA:Red Camera ForumRed Camera Tutorials / ArticlesHD TutorialsHD High-End Forum

Re: Red Time Code Break Points

COW Forums : RED Camera

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom TomlinsonRe: Red Time Code Break Points
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 12:53:36 pm

I am color correcting selects from an edl given to me by the editor. This usually goes to an online for final conform. I work mostly in commercials.

The point of all this is that shooting with red is not like shooting with film. Its like shooting with tape. Its like you have almost an unlimited supply of film. So you can get lots of takes for shots. One recent job had several RDC folders with 8 r3d's (15 gig) in them.

Now to copy all this media over to my system takes time. It just seems inefficient to have to copy entire RDC's over for one brief shot. Thats takes up extra time and storage which I have to bill the client for.

If it was film, I would just scan in at 2k with handles and then its only 4 gig.

Tom Tomlinson
Telecine Ass't.
NYC

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]