Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
RED CAMERA:Red Camera ForumRed Camera Tutorials / ArticlesHD TutorialsHD High-End Forum

Re: Long Term Storage Solutions for Red Camera

COW Forums : RED Camera

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Earle NicholRe: Long Term Storage Solutions for Red Camera
by on Mar 16, 2010 at 3:45:52 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "It's quite cool and I encourage you to go get a demo of the Cache-A products at NAB this year. You might see the temporary light."

Hey Jeremy, I think the point that Bob is making is that in 10 years you may not be able to transfer that media from your LTO drives.(not that I would try and read Bob's mind) The other thought is what are the possibilities that you will really want to keep a client's stuff from 10yrs ago? I just left a post company and every 7-10 years we let the clients know that we were returning their footage to them as storage space was a premium. With digital media I'm not sure that would work, but it might be something to consider. On another note I am definitley going to see the Cache-A system, as I sat in with Bob on their demo last year, and well the demo was less than stellar...from your posts it seems to have improved greatly, so I will have a look.

Great input! thanks

Earle

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]