Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
RED CAMERA:Red Camera ForumRed Camera Tutorials / ArticlesHD TutorialsHD High-End Forum

Apple Color: recipe for changing from old color science to new one?

COW Forums : RED Camera

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Paulo JanApple Color: recipe for changing from old color science to new one?
by on Jan 9, 2010 at 7:09:26 pm

Hi all:

I have some RED footage shot with a build 21 camera, and now that I need to grade it in Color, I've found out about the color science problem (the current RED plugin for Color doesn't support build 21, and it imports footage shot with it "wrong", with a strong blue hue). Of course, I could transcode all the footage to ProRes 444 and grade from there, but if I really wanted to work with the original RAW files with Color, is there any recipe to correct the build 21 footage and leave it in a "normal" state, before starting with the proper grading? (I.e., to compensate for the errors that the build 21 incompatibility causes).

I've had a quick look at the Reduser.net forums, and it seems to be a hard problem, and I've also tried myself, but little success. It seemed at first like a mere color temperature problem, but I tried taking some build 21 footage and lowering its color temp, and it doesn't look *exactly* like the footage incorrectly imported in Color.

Thanks in advance,

Paulo.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]